This General Assembly-funded program enables eligible students to attain an industry credential at 1/3 the cost – if you complete the course and pass it. And you can achieve success in weeks, not months.
Learn more about FastForward
Workforce Financial Assistance
This program – known as FANTIC – provides funding for eligible adults who want to obtain an industry-recognized credential or license through an approved workforce training program.
To be eligible, you must:
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
- live in Virginia for at least 1 year
- have earned a high school diploma or GED certificate
- be in compliance with Selective Service requirements
- not be enrolled in an associate or bachelor’s program
- enroll in a pre-approved workforce credential program
- be ineligible for other forms of tuition assistance, including employer funds or any state or federal programs
- demonstrate financial need
This financial aid will pay for 90% of the cost for an approved workforce training program. Qualifying students will need to pay the 10% student portion at the time of registration.
Call 757-822-1234, email us, or visit us at 7000 College Drive, Suffolk, VA.
You can also contact Dr. Emily Richardson at 757-822-1505 to set up an appointment.