Career Readiness Certificates
Are you trying to stand out among hundreds of applications to gain an interview? Prove your potential!
Career readiness certificates like the Virginia Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) and National Career Readiness Certificates (NCRC) are allowing job seekers to do just that!
These certificates are a clear, standardized tool used to assess the competencies of potential and current employees in the following areas:
- Workplace Documents (formerly Reading for Information)
- Applied Math (formerly Applied Mathematics)
- Graphic Literacy (formerly Locating Information)
Career Readiness Certificate levels
A high school diploma certifies your academic abilities. Earning a career readiness certificate tells an employer you’re ready for work.
There are 3 Virginia Career Readiness Certificate levels:
- Bronze: You possess skills that support success for 17% of likely jobs
- Silver: You possess skills for 69% of jobs
- Gold: You possess skills for 93% of jobs
- Platinum: You possess skills for 99% of jobs
The assessments are based on job profiles identifying the basic employability skills for more than 17,500 jobs. Skill-gap training is also available to assist you in improving your performance to improve your award levels.
The Governor-endorsed CRC is supported by the Virginia Workforce Council, Chamber of Commerce, AFL-CIO, the Virginia Manufacturers Association and many Virginia businesses.
TCC partners with employers, community organizations and local school systems to offer access to the CRC. Individuals can take the CRC for $57. Partner organizations can take the CRC/WorkKeys assessments for a discounted rate.