The On Ramp program will pay for training, tuition and books you need for a certification from the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS).
You will have access to career-building workshops such as resume writing, interviewing techniques and much more, with our local partners.
To qualify for the On Ramp program you must
- be at least 18 years of age
- be eligible for unemployment benefits
- be a dislocated worker (laid off through no fault of your own)
- have met Selective Service requirements
- be eligible to work in the U.S.
- not be in default of student loans
On Ramp is supported by state-level Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Rapid Response funds